An exciting opportunity exists for a Vehicle Performance Engineer to join the Model Development Team, within our Vehicle Performance Group (VPG).
Reporting to the Model Development Team Leader, the role will primarily be focused on the development and correlation of the Team’s vehicle models, for use in trackside lap simulation tools. Involvement in other areas of VPG work may occasionally be required. The position will involve close cooperation with Performance Software, Race Engineering, Aerodynamics, Design Office, R&D and Controls departments, as well as the Simulator and Vehicle Dynamics Teams within VPG.
Required skills, qualifications & experience:
- Excellent degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Data Science or a related discipline.
- Strong problem solving, mathematical and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively either within a cross-functional team or with minimal supervision.
- Coding experience in .NET C#.
- Modelling experience of mechanical/hydraulic/thermal/electrical systems.
- Experience of vehicle and sub-system correlation.
- Strong knowledge of vehicle dynamics principles and concepts.
- Understanding of numerical methods & statistics.
- JIRA, Git, Bitbucket or other version control tools.
- Capacity to report complex technical information concisely and professionally to tight deadlines.
Any of the following skills, qualifications & experience would be relevant, but are not essential:
- Qualification to postgraduate Masters or doctoral level.
- Development & use of tyre models.
- Optimisation methods and control theory.
- Matlab & Simulink, including co-simulation.
- C/C++, Python, VBA or other programming languages.
- Previous experience in high level motorsport.