An exciting opportunity exists for a world-class Vehicle Dynamics Team (VDT) Leader within our Vehicle Performance Group (VPG).
- Primary areas of VDT activity are:
- Development of new suspension concepts.
- Support for design of suspension and performance systems.
- Performance interaction between chassis and aerodynamic systems.
- Delivery of analysis tools.
Additional activities include:
- Specification of performance software requirements.
- DIL Simulator test support.
- Correlation of vehicle, tyre & power unit models.
- Trackside analysis support.
- Rig test support.
Reporting to the Head of VPG, the VDT Leader will manage a team of six staff. The successful candidate will show a strong performance focus, enabling them to drive forward chassis and setup direction for current and future vehicles. The position will involve direct liaison with Race Engineering, Aerodynamics, Software, Design Office and Electronics, along with the Model Development and Simulator Teams within VPG.
Required skills, qualifications & experience:
- Postgraduate degree in engineering or a related discipline.
- Outstanding problem solving, mathematical and data science skills.
- Proven track record of chassis performance development.
- Ability to work effectively either within a cross-functional team or with minimal supervision.
- Capacity to report complex technical information clearly, concisely and professionally.
- Thorough, current awareness of F1 chassis, suspension & tyre technology.
- MATLAB (extensive coding experience).
- Awareness of modern modelling / simulation functionality within a VPG context.
Preferred skills, qualifications & experience:
- Management of technical teams.
- High-level motorsport experience.
- C# / Python or other programming languages.
- JIRA, Git, Bitbucket.