An exciting opportunity exists for a Senior Vehicle Simulator Engineer to join the Simulator Team, within our Vehicle Science Group.
Reporting to the Simulator Team Leader, the role will primarily be focused on the operation of the Simulator and performance analysis of test items.
Involvement in other areas of the Vehicle Performance Group work may occasionally be required.
The position will involve close cooperation with Trackside Performance, Vehicle Dynamics, Model Development, Tyre, Performance Software, Controls and Aerodynamic Performance departments.
Required skills, qualifications & experience:
- Trackside race / performance engineering experience, including driver interaction.
- Writing session run plans, focusing on key deliverables.
- Excellent degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Data Science or a related discipline.
- Strong problem solving, mathematical and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively either within a cross-functional team or with minimal supervision.
- Capacity to report complex technical information concisely and professionally to tight deadlines.
- Experience in creating performance data analysis tools.
- ATLAS & MATLAB.
Any of the following skills, qualifications & experience would be relevant, but are not essential:
- Qualification to postgraduate level.
- Development & use of tyre models.
- Simulator systems and operations.
- Simulator track development (LiDAR data processing & graphics).
- Projection hardware & software.
- Model correlation techniques.
- SystemMonitor / TAG SECU.
- C#, Python, VBA or other programming languages.
- RealTime systems & computer science considerations.
- JIRA, Git, Bitbucket
Applicants must be available to attend interviews in the UK.