An exciting opportunity exists for a Senior Vehicle Performance Engineer to join the Simulator Team, within our Vehicle Performance Group (VPG).
Reporting to the Simulator Team Leader, the role will primarily be focused on the operation & development of the Simulator and performance analysis of test items.
Involvement in other areas of VPG work may occasionally be required.
The position will involve close cooperation with Race Engineering, Software, Controls and Aerodynamics departments, as well as the Model Development and Simulator Teams within VPG.
Required skills, qualifications & experience:
- Trackside race / performance engineering experience, including driver interaction
- Writing session runplans, focusing on key deliverables
- Excellent degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Data Science or a related discipline
- Strong problem solving, mathematical and analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively either within a cross-functional team or with minimal supervision
- Capacity to report complex technical information concisely and professionally to tight deadlines
- Experience in creating performance data analysis tools
Any of the following skills, qualifications & experience would be relevant, but are not essential:
- Qualification to postgraduate level
- Simulator systems and operations
- Simulator track development (LiDAR data processing & graphics)
- Development & use of tyre models
- Projection hardware & software
- Model correlation techniques
- SystemMonitor / TAG SECU
- MATLAB, C#, Python, VBA or other programming languages
- RealTime systems & computer science considerations
- JIRA, Git, Bitbucket