We have an exciting position available for a talented Race Strategy Engineer to join our team and contribute directly to maximising our results.
This factory based role will support all members of our Trackside Performance Group, in particular the Senior Strategy Engineer.
The successful candidate will assist in pre-event preparation, in-event support from our Mission Control room including live analysis and decision making as well as post event analysis.
The successful candidate will also be involved in conception and development of new tools used to optimise strategy; as well as ongoing improvement of existing tools.
You must be a strong team player, with clear and precise communication skills, diplomacy and tenacity.
The confidence and ability to make quick, data-driven decisions under extremely tight deadlines in a pressured environment is essential for this role.
A strong desire to continually improve is also fundamental to this role.
Preference will be given to candidates with previous strategy and/or motorsport experience, however this is not essential.
The successful candidate must also:
- Have an excellent degree in engineering or a related discipline; strong problem solving and mathematical skills are essential for this role
- Be highly self-motivated, thrive in a challenging environment and have a flexible approach to working hours. This role will include support for all FIA Formula 1 championship races
- Ability to work closely in a team and to tight deadlines also essential
- Have experience of data analysis, strong Excel skills are essential, preferably with MAT Atlas (or similar)
- Previous programming experience in Python, Matlab, Excel VBA, C#, Visual Studio or .NET programming is desirable