We are looking for a full time Proprietary Buyer to join our F1 team based at Silverstone, Northampton.
Reporting to the Product Control Manager, the key functions of the candidate will be:
- Purchasing of the team's proprietary and consumable parts
- Purchasing of the team's general products
- Creation and maintenance of purchase orders
- Key supplier liaison with focus on reducing lead-times, increasing agility and delivery performance
- Interaction and communication with all of the key stakeholders and production team
- Reporting of any delivery exceptions to relevant persons or department in a timely manner to manage expectations
- Ensure all specifications and quality standards of purchased proprietary components are met
- Professional and dynamic representation of the company when dealing with current and any future suppliers
- Development of new vendor accounts when required
Preferred Skills & Knowledge:
- Must have previous experience of purchasing both general and engineering proprietary parts, fasteners, bearings, electronic items and consumables, etc. in a fast paced engineering environment
- Ideally experience of Priority, IFS or similar MRP/ERP system
- Must be an excellent communicator, able to build good relationships and contribute in a team environment
- Must have the ability to produce quality work whilst working under pressure
- Must have excellent attention to detail ensure high quality components are delivered within the timescales required
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision
- Must be computer literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Must be flexible and willing to accept new challenges
The successful candidate will have experience of working within a low volume/high value precision engineering manufacturing environment, be highly organised with excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
Applicants must be available to attend interviews in the UK.