Racing Point is a team on an exciting journey. Made up of true racers with a shared hunger for success, the team has set its sights on challenging the top names in the sport.
For 2021, a new chapter awaits, as Racing Point becomes Aston Martin F1 Team – marking sixty years since this iconic brand last raced in Formula 1 as a factory team. With fresh investment and energy, the stage is set to build on Aston Martin’s rich and glorious history in motorsport and establish the Silverstone-based team as a competitive force in the years ahead.
To succeed in its mission, the team is looking for talented individuals who share our passion for racing and competition. As the Aston Martin era beckons, get in touch and join one of the most exciting projects in Formula 1.
We have a new opportunity to be part of the expansion of newly upgraded Machine Shop in the role of EDM Operator.
The successful candidate must be enthusiastic, hardworking, knowledgeable of machine shop practices and standards, flexible, proactive and have a ‘can do’ attitude.
Organisation, time management and efficiency is key in this role in addition to maintaining the priority of work going through the EDM section.
The successful candidate must have the following attributes:
· Previous experience operating both Wire and Spark EDM in a Machine Shop ideally in a motorsport environment
· Experience with Agie Charmilles Cut E 600 7 Form E 600 would be an advantage
· High level of accuracy and attention to detail
· A methodical and thorough approach to your work
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal, combined with the ability to work well with colleagues
· Be self-motivated, enthusiastic and a dependable team player
· Possess good IT skills
· Have a positive attitude and be willing to help throughout the department
· Work well under pressure to meet time critical deadlines
The key responsibilities of this role are:
· Programming and operating EDM machines
· Ability to deal with technical challenges as they arise and know when to ask if unsure
· Some manual machining will be required
· Meeting challenging and demanding deadlines
· Multitask whilst remaining organised and focused
· Maintaining consistent high standards
· Being proactively aware of Health and Safety requirements
The role is based predominantly at Silverstone.
To apply for this position, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
Please include an up-to-date copy of your Curriculum Vitae and a covering letter, quoting the job title in the subject.