Racing Point is a team on an exciting journey. Made up of true racers with a shared hunger for success, the team has set its sights on challenging the top names in the sport.
For 2021, a new chapter awaits, as Racing Point becomes Aston Martin F1 Team – marking sixty years since this iconic brand last raced in Formula 1 as a factory team. With fresh investment and energy, the stage is set to build on Aston Martin’s rich and glorious history in motorsport and establish the Silverstone-based team as a competitive force in the years ahead.
To succeed in its mission, the team is looking for talented individuals who share our passion for racing and competition. As the Aston Martin era beckons, get in touch and join one of the most exciting projects in Formula 1.
We have a new opportunity to be part of the expansion of newly upgraded Machine Shop in the role of CAD/CAM Programmer.
The successful candidate must be enthusiastic, hardworking, knowledgeable of machine shop /programming practices and standards, flexible, proactive and have a ‘can do’ attitude.
Organisation, time management and efficiency is also key in this role.
The successful candidate must have the following attributes:
· Previous experience programming HyperMill 3& 5 Axis ideally in a motorsport environment
· Previous experience with Fanuc and Heidenhain control systems
· Vericut experience and previous employment as a machinist would also be an advantage in this role
· High level of accuracy and attention to detail
· A methodical and thorough approach to your work
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal, combined with the ability to work well with colleagues
· Be self-motivated, enthusiastic and a dependable team player
· Possess good IT skills
· Have a positive attitude and be willing to help throughout the department
· Work well under pressure to meet time critical deadlines
The key responsibilities of this role are:
· Offline programming of CAD/CAM software(HyperMill)
· Liaising with colleagues in the Machine Shop and other departments
· Successfully meeting challenging and demanding deadlines
· The ability to multitask whilst remaining organised and focused
· Maintaining consistent high standards
· Being proactively aware of Health and Safety requirements
· Dealing with technical challenges as and when they arise and know when to ask if unsure
The role will be predominantly based at Silverstone.
To apply for this position, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
Please include an up-to-date copy of your Curriculum Vitae and a covering letter, quoting the job title in the subject.